Abby's big first today was that she let me know that she had to go potty. This happened as I was dropping her off for school. She said "Mommy, I go pee pee in the potty?" I thought she was telling everyone that she had done that and I corrected her by saying, "No Abby, you haven't done that in a few days." She walked over to the door (leaving the classroom) and said it again. I walked her to the potty because she seemed pretty determined and as soon as she was sitting on the potty... she went. You can't imagine how happy this made me!!
I have no illusions that this will happen all of the time now or anything, but it is a great first step. The new school year starts in September and she will actually have a potty in her class at that point. I think maybe in October I will start her official potty training... I guess we will have to see how it goes.
Quick update on everything else:
- The summer is going great we have been playing in the pools on the weekends and keeping cool.
- Kim went on a girls weekend last weekend and Jason did great with Abby.
- Abby hasn't been drinking a bottle since her second birthday... but she is still sucking on her pacifier. We tried to get rid of them one day and we just didn't have the heart to listen to her cry for more than an hour.
- We had a great birthday party for Abby at Melanie's house with the whole Allen side of the family.
- We went to La Hacienda with my parents and Angela, Dylan, and Levi for her birthday in town.
- She used to think that her birthday was everyday (since we had so many different parties for her).
- She is talking all of the time and is getting better at talking on the phone (she used to just look at it and nod when someone asked her a question).
- She is really good about brushing her teeth and letting me help her each night.
Motionbox (the company where our movies were stored) was sold to Snapfish. Therefore, none of the links to the movies on this blog work any more. I will find the movies and re-post them through blogger. This will probably take me a while.
1 comment:
Oh no! I'm sorry to hear about your camera!
Post a Comment