9.27.2008

Back to Work

I started work and Abby started school on Wednesday. It has been both an emotional and physical roller coaster for both of us since then.

School
Dropping Abby off at day care for the first time affected me a lot differently than I thought that it would. I imagined that I would be thinking about work and what was coming next, but I cried the whole way to work and had to sit in the parking garage for a while before I was ready to go in. My work agreed to let me leave early for the first week so I picked her up the first day at 3:30 pm. She had just been put down for a nap. I almost felt guilty taking her home at that point (they said that she hadn't cried the whole day).

The next two days were a lot easier. Abby and I do not have our morning schedule down yet - right now it is dependent on her sleeping schedule, but we are working on it. She has been so tired after day care that she goes to sleep really early and wakes up around 4 - 5 instead of the 6:30 mornings that we used to have.

Abby at school:

We are really happy with her school:


Work
Work is going very well for me. It is almost like I wasn't gone for 3 months. The days pass by very quickly because we have been very busy. I'm actually really happy that this is the case because it would be awful if I was bored and counting down the hours each day until I could pick up Abby.

My company moved office locations while I was away. The new building is really nice, and the best part about it is that it shares a parking garage with a fitness club. I always sign up to go to a gym and will go for a short amount of time until I get lazy and don't want to travel the extra distance to go work out. But, if you have to walk by the entrance of the gym to get to your office every day and to leave every evening... you would feel really guilty not going. So it has worked out perfect for me. I have already been to the club three times since Tuesday. :)

Here is a pic of me on my first day:


Random

Abby went on her first brunch trip with Jason, I, Angela, Steven, and Dylan this week:

Also, Abby and Vincent had their first play date together. Aren't play dates fun!!

No comments: