9.23.2008

Alert

The day that Abby was born, the doctor said "Congratulations you have a daughter... and look at how alert she is." It hasn't stopped since then. I would have to say that "alert" is the most common adjective used to describe Abby. Three people have already called her that this morning - two different ladies in the gym's child care center and the checkout lady at Target. Are most babies not alert? I guess I haven't been around any for a long period of time, besides Abby, so I assumed that they are all curious as to what is going on.

Tomorrow is Abby's first day in day care and my first day back at work. Unfortunately, because of Ike, I didn't get a transition period... but I'm sure that everything will be okay. My work is great and I'm sure that they will understand if I need to leave early every once and awhile to see my daughter.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I loved the video of Abby laughing. She had us all laughing at work. Love ya all and miss you!
Mel