10.14.2013

Come Back

I hadn't even thought about my blog in ages.  With Facebook these days, I have been spending a lot more time looking at what was happening with everyone else then keeping track of what the Allens have been up to.  Abby's Kindergarten teacher is very good at keeping up with two blogs (one for her family and one for Abby's class) and I have been following my friend Stacey's blog while she is overseas.  They both do such a great great job it made me go through this blog and all of the memories that we had with Abby made me so happy.  I'm planning to start blogging again.  I'm also going to update my blog links on the right to have links for the blogs I'm watching now and the ones I'm going to start watching again (for those friends who have kept up with their blogs for so many years).

It will take a little time to get this blog where I want it, but I thought I would start simple with a post from this weekend.

Christian just graduated into 3 - 6 month clothes.  It was sad putting away the newborn - 3 month clothes... but I will need to keep them in case Christian has a brother or a cousin some day.  The below picture was the first 3 - 6 month outfit I put him in. 

Abby participated in a fun run for her school to raise money for the PTA.  She got tired early, but still was able to run, walk, and skip 33 laps that day.  It was her first long distance run... I was very proud of her.






On Saturday morning Abby, Christian, and I went to the Rice Harvest Festival (Jason was in Key West for a wedding).  We went early and stayed for an hour and a half.  It was overcast while we were there, so we were lucky because we missed both the heat and the rain that came later in the day.



Jason was gone for a long weekend for his friend Clayton's wedding (Wed - Sunday), so the kids were missing him a lot on Sunday.  We sent this picture to him while we waited for him to get home.
Sunday night was a big night for Christian.  He slept for his longest stretch yet - 9 hours.  He went 10 hours between feeding times!!!!   When Jason put him down to sleep at 8pm, I was thinking to myself "Great!  I will be waking up in an hour to feed him and I just know how tired I will be at 9:30 or 10 after only a half hour of sleep".  When I woke up at 5am (without Christian crying mind you) I was shocked.  I'm crossing my fingers but not holding my breath that he will want to sleep like this from now on. This is him sleeping about 1 hour after he woke up from his long stretch of sleep.








1 comment:

Bridget said...

Your blog is alive! YEA!