10.24.2013

Back to work

With the end of my three months at home coming to an end, I realized how lucky I am to have such an easy baby.  My work needed me to work from home for a few hours each day for the last six weeks.  Instead of getting someone to help me with Christian, I decided that I could do both (take care of him and get my work done).  I was able to do it but it was really difficult at first.  Towards the end of this six week period, Christian had become super smily.  He is really content with almost anything we are doing.  Here are a few pictures of Christian chilling in my study while I'm working.





In addition to being happy while I'm working, he was also sleeping very well at night.  On Monday night he slept the whole night for the first time.  I put him down at 8 and he didn't wake up until 5:30... AWESOME!!!
 
On Tuesday, Abby had field day and I decided to bring Christian to his school for the first time for a couple hours instead of getting a babysitter for the few hours I was there.  He did really well.  He was hungry when he got there, so they fed him.  Then he took a three hour nap (never did that for me at home) and then they fed him again.  Then I was there to pick him up.
 

 
I didn't get very many field day pictures because my phone died almost as soon as I got there.  I was actually very stressed about this since this was the first time to have Christian in school.  I was sure that when I was finally able to charge it (I was volunteering at the finish line of field day.. so I couldn't charge it in my car), that Jason and the school would have a bunch of messages for me wondering where I was.  Luckily, no one was looking for me while I was away from my phone.  Here are the three pictures I did get before my phone died.  I'm sure that Abby's kindergarten blog will have many more (good ones) posted soon - link to the right.


 
On Wednesday, I took Christian to school for almost a full day.  That way I could get a good feel for how he would do and it would make my first day back (Today) that much easier.  Well, Christian was in his class from 9 - 3 and he decided he only wanted to eat once for them the whole day (at 10).  Even at 3 when I was sure he would be starving and I tried to feed him, he would only eat 2 ounces.  Needless to say he did not sleep well at all that night.  He woke up every 3 - 4 hours starving.  Abby also woke up twice that night with nightmares and ended up sleeping with me for a few hours.  Not fun.
 
This morning I was a mess.  I had to get myself, Abby, and Christian ready to leave at the same time (I'm supposed to be at work at 8:30 and I have at least 30 minutes of traffic to get through).  We missed Abby's bus on purpose because I hadn't finished making my lunch or packing my pumping stuff for work.  I was worried about Christian not eating again and not sleeping again at night.  Fortunately everything seemed to go as well as can be expected.  Except for being a little later than I had wanted to to work, and having to eat breakfast there, work was great.  In addition, Christian did wonderfully at school today.  He had another 3 hour nap... but this time he ate a lot.  Here's hoping he sleeps well for me tonight.

1 comment:

Bridget said...

I love how you can take what was a very trying, rough day / night and spin it into a positive story. I'm embarrassed that we still need to meet your little cutie in person!