11.03.2010

Good Morning!

Abby's first week of being paci free was wonderful. She woke up happy and went to sleep with no problems. Then she got sick. She had a 24 hour stomach flu that went all of the way around our house.

Since she has been sick, it has been a lot harder for her to self sooth herself. So, she is crying/screaming before she goes to bed and she is waking up at 5:30, coming into our room and letting us know that it is wake-up time. There is no way to get her back in her room once she is determined to be out. Then, like clockwork around 6am, the fact that she is tired sneaks up on her, and the fits continue. I know that she is only having temper tantrums because she is tired and she is tired because she is used to her pacifier calming her down. Poor baby. But we are determined to not give in and give her her paci back.

I was desperate, so I searched on line and the only cure I could find for this type of behavior is a clock that lets her know what time is wake up time. All of the reviews had similar stories about children that woke up super early in the morning and wouldn't go back to sleep. This clock appeared to be a miracle for all of them. I bought it after reading these reviews.


Red means stay in bed and Green means wake-up

We got this clock in the mail yesterday and showed Abby how to use it. And it really did work. We heard her wake up around 4:45 this morning and she was talking and wimpering to herself... but she didn't get out of bed. In fact, I think that she fell back asleep. I went into her room a minute before the clock told her it was wake-up time (because I thought I had set it a minute earlier) and she asked me if it was time to wake up. I told her it wasn't yet and that we needed to watch the clock to find out what time wake up time was. She was so excited when the light turned to green. She was able to go around the whole house and wake everyone up (Daddy and Hannah).


We had a really good morning this morning!!

No comments: