10.15.2008

Face Down

The thing that I have been scared of since Abigail was born happened this morning... somewhere between 4am and 7am, she rolled over onto her stomach, so when she woke us up in the morning we found her face down in bed.

Abby has always been an active sleeper. There have been many times when we have found her rotated in the bed (instead of her head at the head of the bed and her feet at the foot, her head would be on one side of the bed and her feet are at the other). This morning, not only was she on her stomach, but her head was completely at the foot of the bed and her feet were at the head. I'm assuming that this is just a general progression into becoming a mobile human... but it scares me that she isn't waking up in the same position that I put her in when I laid her down for bed.

2 comments:

Meredith said...

You will soon learn that what your mother and grandmother probably said is true - babies sleep SO much better on their tummies! I couldn't wait for my two to learn to roll over so they could sleep on their tummies. Your fears may turn into the best nights sleep you've had in a while :)

The Limas Three said...

We were told by the doctors to keep Aubrey on her back and when we finally let her stay on her stomach she began to sleep better and longer. Which meant I began to sleep better and longer. But I do remember the fear of seeing her wake up in weird positions. You just have to trust God and let him watch over her. He will wake you and you will know if you need to go in the room.

Oh, your bog page is very pretty and you keep it up so well. Thank you for keeping us all informed.

Love you!!