3.31.2010

Trip

Being a mom is a trip! Abby is at such a cute age now where she is proving how independent she is and she can really express what she is thinking to you. This evening we called my parents and my brother, just so she could say hi. She was the one who told me that is what she wanted to do.

Her favorite phrase right now is "No, Mama. Abby do it." She does everything herself! She climbs into her high chair on her own, drinks out of a non-sippy cup on her own, buckles her car seat on her own, washes her own hands, etc.

We have been talking about the potty a lot lately to get her ready for potty training in the next few months and she loves taking the baby potty seat, putting it onto the big potty, and then sitting on it herself (after climbing up on her stool).

I have been horrible with pictures lately and it has been keeping me from blogging. I do plan on posting all of the pictures from the last few months, as well as the cute Easter pictures that I'm sure we will have after this weekend. But, since so many cute things happen every day, I'm going to try to start blogging about them even when I don't have any pictures to go with it.

One of my favorite things that happened today was that she kept checking with me to be sure she was a "big girl". During the process of brushing her teeth, she climbed up onto her stool by herself, turned the water on herself (not on full blast but "just a little"), she put the toothpaste on her brush by herself, and when she was done she got down by herself. After each one of these accomplishments she would look at me as if to say "Did you see that!! I just did that all by myself!" She just asks "Abby a big girl?". I am so proud of her!

No comments: