9.09.2009

Summer Recap - Part 1

I decided to take the summer off from blogging. My main excuse is that since Abby has been walking, I am so tired by the end of the day from chasing after her that I like relaxing in the evenings. Does that sound familiar? Now I'm going to try to be good and get back in the swing of things... since the holiday season is about to be upon us again.

Jason, Abby, and I had a wonderful summer! Abby has been walking well since she was 11 months old and she is learning new words every day.

Summer Highlights:
- We went on Abby's first airplane ride to New Jersey to visit my grandparents
- We went on many beach trips to Matagorda (including for July 4th)
- Abby stayed with her Mimi and Poppa (my parents) while Jason and I went to Hawaii
- Jason's sister Becky had a new baby, Julia. She is precious!!!
- Jason got a promotion at work
- I was moved to another team at work.
- We had lots of fun playing and watching Abby learn.

Abby's milestones:
- Abby started a new class at school (new teachers and kids) last week. It has been difficult for her to adjust (she misses her old friends and teachers), but every day it gets easier to leave her.
- Abby has learned the different parts of her body and can point to them: nose, ears, eyes, mouth, head, hair, hands, feet, and belly button.
- Abby knows many of the animal sounds: Cow, Sheep, Horse, Pig, Duck, Dog, and Cat.
- She knows many people's names and uses them when she sees them: Abby (she usually says this when she looks in the mirror or at a picture), Momma, Daddy, Mimi, Poppa (my dad and Jason's dad), Nanna (Jason's Mom), and Hannah.
- Other words that Abby can say in context: shoes, socks, hat, duck, ball, bubble, wawa (water), cookie, cheese, fish, blue (used for blue berries and the color), night night, bye bye, hi, baby, and up (when she wants to get up from her high chair).
- Abby has started eating with a fork and a spoon. This video was the first time that she ate pudding. Note: It is a long video.



My next task is to go through all of the vacation pictures and other summer pictures and post them on Shutterfly. I will post my favorites on the part 2 of the Summer Recap.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the update, thanks for taking time to post it. I wish we lived closer to you guys so we could see and play with Abby more. She is so adorable. The pony tales are awesome. Love you all!

Aunt Becky